Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's not a disaster flick...


End of the world, doomsday scenarios are nothing new.
Especially when the stock market collapses as it did recently.
It’s no wonder boom is the most produced show regionally this season.
It’s something that’s on people’s minds for sure…
“What if everything I thought I could count on…was wrong? And I can’t?”
Fortunately for us, boom doesn’t wallow in the seriousness of all that.
Fortunately for us, it’s told by an insanely inventive and hilariously funny playwright.
And not by the people who brought the world Deep Impact.
My apologies to anyone who actually dug this movie…
But if there’s one question I’ve been asked more than any other after people hear the
synopsis…it’s invariably “OH! So it’s like Deep Impact! But funny?!?”
Mmmmmno.
We have lots of booze…and Cathy Dresbach.
Deep Impact has Ensure (you know what I’m talking about if you saw it)…and Tea Leoni.
We soooooo win.
Seriously…I know the end of the world doesn’t exactly sound like fodder for a laugh riot.
But if you still think that…
You probably just haven’t seen boom yet.
So what are you waiting for?
It’s the perfect solution for your “My boyfriend dressed up as a pregnant Heidi Klum for Halloween and it didn’t go over well and how will I ever find happiness again?” conundrum.
Plus there’s a timpani.
Seriously…how bad can that be?
Hope to see you at the theatre!
p.s. the only significance of the picture i used is because it makes me happy. it will make you happy, too...if you come see :)

No comments: