Thursday, April 26, 2007

BLOGTASTIC!!

...a new entry from Kane Anderson...

April 26th, 2007

Hey, True Believers--

The Pillowman has moved onstage and it is a whole new adventure. Everything is coming together but those 10 of 12 days (i.e., one 12 hour day with a two hour break) are killers! As a student at ASU, we don't get the luxury of techs like this often and it's amazing to see all the tech and costumes and the whole deal come together. It can be chaotic, though. There is a lot of "hurry up and wait" but it's looking beautiful.

In my first scene there is a great effect that highlights-whoops, I can't reveal that. It is chilling, though. It looks great and we are having a great time. Special shout-out to Hannah for going to places demanding for an adult actor. You're doing great, girl!

My second scene is...wow. We have spent a lot of time on-umm, can't mention that. But I love the sequence with the big-snap! I can't tell you about that, either... (Seriously, Matthew would lock me away in the Herberger dungeon for giving too much away.) But after working as an actor for nearly a decade, I can say that I'm doing some entirely new things onstage in The Pillowman. Scary, marvelous, inventive things that will likely haunt many of us for years to come.

And I have to add a big thank you to our tech staff. They have been working like mad to pull this whole big production together and they are doing great. It's stressful and they put in more hours than our cast but their focus and professionalism are gifts. And our unsung hero is Stage Manager April. She has to keep a lot of balls in the air and handle requests from everyone. Bless her for doing it. She is the Pillowoman.

No comments: